Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Money For Nothing" Banned From Radio



The Dire Straits super hit, "Money for Nothing" was banned from being aired on the radio a few days ago, because of it's "inappropriate" language. Apparently someone phoned in to a radio station after they played it to say that the lyrics were "extremely offensive to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

This cartoon interested me because I am a huge Dire Straits fan, and Money For Nothing was one of my favourites. I felt that the caller, as well as the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council was overreacting.

This cartoon affects me because I am not only a Dire Straits fan, but I'm also a musician. If I were to become a big famous rock star, and one of my songs was banned from the radio, I'd be pretty mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment